Site to see on Inland Lake

Lets See Them Fish
terrymp

Site to see on Inland Lake

Postby terrymp » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Solidox

Re: Site to see on Inland Lake

Postby Solidox » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:19 pm

wow...and thats inland as in the inland down in blount county?
`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

terrymp

Postby terrymp » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 am

Yes, that is correct. When I first saw him, and realized what it was, I was probably only about 20' from him. I dropped my rod, left trolling motor down, ran back to seat, started motor and floored it outta there for about 1/2 mile. After my heart started beating and I started breathing, I decided to get the camera out and go back to get the picture. I reeled in my lure, pulled up the trolling motor, and headed back down there with the main motor. Left it running the entire time. Got this picture, on as much zoom as I could and still hold the camera steady, then left. Didn't go back to that area for several weeks. Haven't seen him (or her) since. I had always heard there were gators on Inland Lake, didn't really believe until I saw this one. Now I know. There ARE gators on Inland Lake. There are also bald eagles and all sort of other wildlife on the banks of this lake.

Solidox

Postby Solidox » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:02 am

they wont bother you unless you bother them, aint nothin to be afraid of. That being said, you should have bounced a worm off it's nose... :lol:

this was during this past winter?

terrymp

Postby terrymp » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:11 am

This was taken in either 2008 or 2009. It's hard to get a size from the pic, but I would estimate that from his eyes to the tip of his snout was 12-14". When you come up on one like that, you don't really have time to think about not being scared. :o I was close enough to flip it onto his nose. :lol:

bamabower

Postby bamabower » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:19 am

:shock: at the gator...That laydown in the background looks sweet!!
My boat is old, My rods aren't pretty. Those things let me fish when I want to.

terrymp

Postby terrymp » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:23 am

Inland is filled with that kind of stuff. I had not gotten a bite in that whole slu, and I guess I found out why. :lol:

Jason
Site Admin

Postby Jason » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:29 am

However, on Seminole I found if you saw no gators you caught no fish. It was as if the gators and bass like the same areas.
Thanks for participating on the http://www.fishinglakeguntersville.com/ Website.

- Jason

Solidox

Postby Solidox » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:48 pm

I grew up in south Florida so we always just fed them marshmellows... :lol: I'm not sure how folks around gville would react to gatirs out in the lake but I bet its only a matter of time...

jacksjb

Postby jacksjb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Grew up fishing Miller's Ferry (Bill Dannelly Reservoir to non-locals) and there were lots of gators. Saw a couple that would be close to as long as our 15' boat. We used to fish around them all the time. Our bigger concern were wasps and hornets. We would fish in these big stump fields that would be in 3'-4' of water with stumps sticking up anywhere from 2'-10' out of the water. Every other one would have a wasp nest or hornet nest on it and if you bumped it with the boat your only chance was to jump in the water and pull the boat away until they decided to leave you alone.

Return to “Photo Uploads”