Thursday, May 3,2018

The fish Stories. Talk about the way you caught them and lures used. Lure pics are very nice if you used something off the wall.
JoeJMD

Thursday, May 3,2018

Postby JoeJMD » Thu May 03, 2018 10:40 pm

My last 3 trips have been so bad I had to seek professional help, LOL...fished from 230-7-30 with old friend Doug Campbell, whom I last fished with about 20 years ago! Was good to catch up and reconnect, but my real goal was to try and get a strategy to use for this time of year, and we did.

Water temp was still only 65-68 degrees, fished middle part of the lake, Boshart, South Sauty, Churchhouse Slough, etc.... He caught 13-14, I caught 10, and he caught the biggest at about 3 pounds or so. We also each caught a few whites on cranks trying to catch the green ones...Best lure of the day though was lizards, mostly T rig, a few on C Rig. Tried some typical looking post spawn spots in creeks, little subtle points, but not much happening there. Best type of area was a big spawning flat in 1-4 feet with scattered grass and stumps, just fishing around randomly through that.

JoeJMD

Re: Thursday, May 6

Postby JoeJMD » Mon May 07, 2018 10:07 pm

Fished from 2:00- 7:30. Water level was 594.7, temp was 73-76. Caught a 12 " then lost one about 3 or so on a popping frog out of a growing gator grass bed close to my place. caught a short on a watermelon lizard off a dock.
Moved across to some humps on the north side of the lower end, caught another 12" on a DT10 over a hump.
Went to Alreds, was going to fish the lizard on some spawning and stump flats, but the grass was solid, rather than scattered. Caught 2 whites on one cast over a hump on a point, on a DB3, then another 12" on a Model 6A over that same point. Tried some banks in Polecat at dark, no bites on the popping frog and BD6

Return to “Trip Results”