March 4,2018

The fish Stories. Talk about the way you caught them and lures used. Lure pics are very nice if you used something off the wall.
JoeJMD

March 4,2018

Postby JoeJMD » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Fished from 2-6 pm. Beautiful day, high about 65, slight breeze from the N. Water level was 594.6 and dropping, was 595.1 yesterday. Water temp was 54-56, pulling about 135,000cfs. main lake pretty stained, back waters not bad at all.

Started fishing main lake hump and bar between 2 coves, with a red rattle bait and red DT 10, no bites. Fished a east bank leading into a large pocket, and a hump just outside another, with lipless, 3/8 ox black blue chatter bait, no bites.

Moved over to Alreds area fished some points there, and bank leading to a spawning pocket, and island, etc...all with the same lures and green shad DT6, 1/4 oz red lipless. No bites.

JoeJMD

March 22

Postby JoeJMD » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Fished from 2-7 pm. Coldest morning in about a week today, down to 32. Cloudless sky, but did have a pretty brisk breeze 10-12mph most of the afternoon. Water temp was 53, dingy on the main channel, more normal in the back waters.
Due to the breeze fished coves and points and pockets on the north side of the lower end. Caught on, 3.96 lbs, jerking a red 3/4 oz lipless thru some grass over a hump, about 5-7 feet deep. Fished the west side point leading into a cove, then a main river hump east of there, no bites.
Moved to Alreds area, fished a big grassy point close to river, no bites, moved pretty far back to a grassy island point I have caught a few on over the year, caught another 3.9 on the same lure. Fished a couple of other humps, finished on a rocky point close to my place with a BDS-6, no bites.
Only 2 bites, but they were good ones. First Guntersville fish of the year for me. ;)

Return to “Trip Results”