Sept 28,2017

The fish Stories. Talk about the way you caught them and lures used. Lure pics are very nice if you used something off the wall.
JoeJMD

Sept 28,2017

Postby JoeJMD » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:15 pm

Fished today from 300pm to almost 7 pm. Partly cloudy, warm for this time of year, temp about 86. Occasional breeze from the N. Water level was 594.7...water temp was 76-81.

Caught one on the first cast of the day, off my dock, on a Whopper Plopper, about 14". That is usually the kiss of death, or a sign that they are biting. Fortunately, it was the latter.

Caught a total of 9. 3 were small keepers, one on a Ultra Vibe Speed worm on a 1/8 oz shaky head off a boathouse, the other two on a black buzz bait off the edge of some grass off a point and hump close to the yacht Club. The other 6 were 6" to 14 ", most on the worm off of boathouses, one on the new Booyah square bill. A small one on a white Horny Toad off some grass close to where I caught the 5 pounder a few weeks back. Plus the first one as above. No bites on the popping frog.

About the most bites Ive had all year...I keep hearing the numbers of small bass are good, actually saw that today. :)

Return to “Trip Results”