Afternoon Fishing

Places to stay, best ramps, etc
golson

Afternoon Fishing

Postby golson » Wed May 06, 2015 9:14 am

It might be too late for post but anyone know a couple good places to fish afternoon in Guntersville today and tomorrow? I am thinking some ledges right now for post spawn bass or shady shallows.

Solidox

Re: Afternoon Fishing

Postby Solidox » Fri May 08, 2015 9:46 am

What area are you trying to fish? north, south, midlake? I'd throw poppers or buzzbaits in the evening and spinnerbaits at night along and over the developing grass lines.
`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

golson

Re: Afternoon Fishing

Postby golson » Fri May 08, 2015 10:09 am

Well I went to south sauty creek area north of the south bridge and came up empty. Boy it was tough. Little wind and very hot. But this was around 2PM so that didn't help much. I pretty much tried everything from swim baits, spinner baits, crank baits, tube baits, jigs which was the only one to get a couple good bites but did not stay on. I am sure the afternoon heat did not help much. So I went shallow on boat docks and same th9ing. I did however seen plenty of Bass suspended in the creek channel and I could not get them to bite anything. At least I got out of work so it was not all that bad. Just sucks when you come up empty on a nice place like sauty creek..... :x

Return to “Area Questions?”