WHERE TO FISH BEGINNING OF APRIL

Places to stay, best ramps, etc
bowkill8812

WHERE TO FISH BEGINNING OF APRIL

Postby bowkill8812 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:26 pm

hi i am making my first trip down to guntersville at the beginning of april probably like the 6th-12th.. im new to the forum so sorry if this question has been asked before.. but i have done some research and alot of ppl say browns creek or honeycomb.. i was just wondering if anyone has any other prefered spots and what cover they do best in (docks,grass,flats,etc..) i only do catch and release for bass so i wont be yanking bass out of anyones spot.. i am taking my uncle and cousin down and they dont get to do alot of fishing so i would really like to put them on fish even though its my first time down there too..lol.. any info would help thanks guys

bamabower

Re: WHERE TO FISH BEGINNING OF APRIL

Postby bamabower » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:35 pm

I mainly fish Browns to Alred Marina, Honeycomb to Spring Creek to Sort Creek but that's because I camp at Riverview. South Sauty is excellent and Seibold Creek is always hot. :lol: Dang that's a lot just for me. I fish grass edges and flats mostly.
My boat is old, My rods aren't pretty. Those things let me fish when I want to.

bowkill8812

Postby bowkill8812 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:00 pm

ok i will definately mark those spots.. thanks for the info

Jason
Site Admin

Postby Jason » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:31 pm

That is the easiest time of year to fish here. Things i might add are fishing very shallow with worms and fluke type Baits. Big spinnerbaits can be deadly over grass edges early and late in the day. A small worm around boat docks can be a back up if things get slow. Carolina rig is always tied on.

be sure to check out the click-able maps on the main site, I have had so many people say it was a huge help to got them started here. ;)
Thanks for participating on the http://www.fishinglakeguntersville.com/ Website.

- Jason

Return to “Area Questions?”