BEST SPOT TO PUT IN ON WEISS LAKE

Post any info on any other lakes here.
bowkill8812

BEST SPOT TO PUT IN ON WEISS LAKE

Postby bowkill8812 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi i was wondering what is the best part of weiss lake to put on this april for big crappie.. and what would be the best color and jig to use.. any info is much appreciated

bamabower

Re: BEST SPOT TO PUT IN ON WEISS LAKE

Postby bamabower » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Maybe some of the others can chime in on this one. I've only fished Weiss once and that was with my Uncle and we used minnows.
My boat is old, My rods aren't pretty. Those things let me fish when I want to.

jcalvert

Postby jcalvert » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:58 am

Hi bowkill. I have fished Weiss a few times and I put in at Riverside Campground on the north central portion of the lake. To get there (at least from the Huntsville area) take hwy 35 south through Fort Payne. That will continue south through a little town called Gaylesville and dead end at hwy 9 (I think there is a little car lot at that intersection). Turn right on 9 and go about 2 miles. County road 131 is on the left and there is a gas station there that has decent prices on minnows. You will take a that road (co rd 131) for roughly 1 mile and the campground will be on the right (from the road you'll see a small brown building that says "motel" on it). They have a large parking lot with a decent ramp and pier and only charge 2 dollars to put in if I remember correctly. From that part of the lake you can fish a variety of structure (stump flats, deeper river channels, docks, etc.). I only use minnows so can't help you with jig selection. Hope this helps.

bowkill8812

Postby bowkill8812 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:02 pm

awsome thanks for the advice and info i apreciate it

Return to “Other lakes in other places.”