Smith Lake lure questions.

Post any info on any other lakes here.
bamabower

Smith Lake lure questions.

Postby bamabower » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Went to Smith Lake this weekend and I was so lost LOL. It was a culture shock. We caught some small large mouths and some spots. I was not prepared for the way we fished. I'm use to throwing huge lures and heavy line. The finesse fishing was like learning how to fish for the first time. :lol: Going back in 2 weeks, Any suggestions to what to use. I mean crank bait size and styles and plastics. I had to bum some trick worms and shaky heads to even get what I caught.
My boat is old, My rods aren't pretty. Those things let me fish when I want to.

Solidox

Re: Smith Lake lure questions.

Postby Solidox » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 pm

lol...yeah it is a different place over there, I've yet to get in a boat on smith but I've been able to catch a few around the bank with spinnerbaits...I'm not sure I would know how to react these days trying to fish somewhere with no grass...guntersville has tainted me, we went out on the river last weekend below the dam and up into the paint rock river, I constantly caught myself thinking "where is the grass, I know it's here somewhere" we we're so lost... :? :lol:
`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

bamabower

Re: Smith Lake lure questions.

Postby bamabower » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:03 pm

It was weird. We went into a cove and the depth finder hit 332 feet, 100 yards away we were fishing in 5 ft of water. high water marks was 20 above us and I saw a stump in 6 foot of water that was bigger that the boat we were in. Bedrock was the closest thing to grass in that lake LOL. I threw a bomber on a point that had some rocks piled up and I know I bounced the crankbait off of that pile 20 times without a hit and my buddy threw a zoom trick shaky head and caught one on the first cast. :roll: .
My boat is old, My rods aren't pretty. Those things let me fish when I want to.

Return to “Other lakes in other places.”