Alabama Power

Post any info on any other lakes here.
bamabower

Alabama Power

Postby bamabower » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:15 pm

I was at a Dr's office this morning and and I found a magazine that had a article in it talking about artificial reefs made out of bamboo and Christmas trees for Smith Lake. It gave an web address for Alabama Power lakes that has GPS Coordinates for fish habitats, Man made and natural. You can download the coordinates for Jordan,Lay, Logan Martin, Martin,Mitchell, Neely Henry, R. L. Harris, Smith, Weiss, Yates lakes. You can either download them in excel format or a gpx file that you can transfer straight to your gps if you have that capabilities. Just thought I would share. I know I will have to hit Weiss for Crappie and Smith for Spots. http://www.alabamapower.com/lakes/fishdata.asp
I've downloaded Weiss and Smith but it doesn't give what the locations consisted of but it can get you there ;)
My boat is old, My rods aren't pretty. Those things let me fish when I want to.

bamabower

Re: Alabama Power

Postby bamabower » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Smith Lake had like over 200 waypoints. Weiss I think had like 30 I think.

Hope yo enjoy.

cliffhemstock

Postby cliffhemstock » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:00 am

Great info bamabower! Thanks for taking the time to convey such valuable information for us all to utilize! Alabama anglers are the most informed I've ever seen! Wisconsin Musky Hunters would keep such info under lock and key; they would NEVER post such a link to advance the knowledge of others. Angling altruism... Wow.
cliff hemstock (displaced wisconsin musky hunter)

jacksjb

Postby jacksjb » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Guntersville is unique. On Lanier in Georgia if I saw somebody else fishing one of my spots I might as well give it up for the day. ON Guntersville I have had 5 boats within 50 yards of me and all of us catching fish.

bamabower

Postby bamabower » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:50 pm

cliffhemstock wrote:Great info bamabower! Thanks for taking the time to convey such valuable information for us all to utilize! Alabama anglers are the most informed I've ever seen! Wisconsin Musky Hunters would keep such info under lock and key; they would NEVER post such a link to advance the knowledge of others. Angling altruism... Wow.

Thanks, I'm not one of those that hoard information, I'm out to have a good time fishing, If I catch just one that day I'm going to share. There is not many times that I catch bass off of catfish bait as others have claimed ;) .

Return to “Other lakes in other places.”