LOL, Guess what I did?

Talk for anything to do with fishing in general. Boating, rods and reels, likes and don’t likes.
bamabower

LOL, Guess what I did?

Postby bamabower » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Sometimes I can pull the dumbest things..I went to the lake to attempt a 3 day weekend of fishing and camping. Saturday wife had other plans for me and had me do things around the camper. Went Sunday morning and fought gale force winds, again.. ,I was going to go Monday but with the wind and rain forecast caused us to pack up Sunday afternoon and head home. I parked the boat in the front yard and just got the truck unloaded and the rains hit. I hurried and got the rods and valuables out of the boat and tried to put the boat cover on and with the rain and wind I was not going to accomplish this so I said to self "It needs a good washing" Well a washing it got.. When I'm camping at the lake I leave the plug in and pull the boat in out of the lake and park it beside the camper for easy launching.. Guess what, the plug holds water in too!.. Go Figure.. I went outside on the porch while it was raining hard to make sure there wasn't any bad washes going through the yard and I look at the trailer tires and they were almost sitting on the rims.. I grabbed an umbrella(Those doesn't work in sideways rain by the way) opened the back hatch and water was up to the top of the batteries in the bilge and had 8 inches of water in the boat floor. Thank goodness I went out there,water was almost to the top of the gas tank..I was Lucky.. I added startron just to be safe. Between the drain and the bilge pump and continuous downpour it took a long time to empty. Just call me stupid :lol: ....
My boat is old, My rods aren't pretty. Those things let me fish when I want to.

JoeJMD

Re: LOL, Guess what I did?

Postby JoeJMD » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Sort of the opposite of forgetting to put the plug in before you launch...

Solidox

Postby Solidox » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:08 pm

:lol: that was alot of rain, I got back after it had started and put my tarp on but didnt put the center beam in to support it so by the time the rain slowed a little the entire inside was full of water and the bungy cords were doing all they could to hold. After getting a 5 gallon bucket and spending a few minutes she was empty...

as for fishin, we went up and put in at waterfront on Sunday morning thinking the lake would be on fire before the rains came but we didnt catch squat and I lost 2 crankbaits... :( I'm ready for the temps to come back up a little also, these upper 50's are just a bit chilly...
`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

jcalvert

Postby jcalvert » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:15 pm

I did the same exact thing. Went out last week the day before the rains and didn't get the cover on and forgot the plug. But I'll just say I was giving the inside of the hull a cleaning. ;)

bamabower

Postby bamabower » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:05 pm

My niece's husband did the same thing.. At least I'm not alone :lol:. As far fishing I caught 5 but only 3 keepers. I ran into a school busting shad and got 3 on a fluke and the other 2 came on crank baits. The wind messed me up as I couldn't stay on my spot for very long. I had a what seemed like a good one on the big worm but came unbuttoned before I could see it.
My boat is old, My rods aren't pretty. Those things let me fish when I want to.

Jason
Site Admin

Postby Jason » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:52 am

Hey Poop Happens, lol. Great story and posts.
Thanks for participating on the http://www.fishinglakeguntersville.com/ Website.

- Jason

Vision

Postby Vision » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Look on the bright side...it got rinsed out.. :)
Mike

16' Vision
Merc 135
Quicksilver Laser II 23P

blackhawk611

Postby blackhawk611 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:51 pm

on my stratos i take the plug out as soon as i install the motor totter.but put it back in before i launch, and carry a extra one just in case. ;)
Mike Crenshaw
110 Pintlalla Place, New Market. AL.35761
cell phone 256-698-1606

Return to “General Chatter”